Back to Face-to-face worship
We are going to be reopening the church for services from the 4th October.
In order to safely run services back in church we have had to put in place a lot of extra practices, we will do our best to explain them below:
There will be a limit of 40 people that can attend each service, not including those ‘working’ within the service, due to social distancing,
- Therefore, we have introduced a booking system which you will need to use in order to reserve your space in church.
- You will need to book via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org - Please can you tell us your name, the number of people attending from your household (no more than 6) and a contact telephone number for track and trace. You will then receive a response as to whether you have a space or not. If we find there are large numbers who cannot attend, we will make sure you have the first spaces the following week.
- Once you arrive at church you must be wearing a mask, unless you are exempt, and will be warmly greeted – from a distance – and asked to sanitise your hands, either with the sanitiser provided or your own. You will be checked off on the list of attendees and shown to your seat, which will be allocated to you depending on numbers and groups.
- The service will run as a simple Service of the Word, there will not be Holy Communion until Rev Charlie arrives. We will have the music group and some songs, but request that in line with government guidelines you do not sing. Let the music wash over you and be an aid to your worship.
- Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide refreshments at all, and request that at the end of the service people make their way home as soon as possible to stop mixing the of groups and individuals.
- There will be a one-way system through the building. The entrance will be through the main door and the exit will be through the vestry.
- Pews will be closed off using blue ribbon and we request that you do not touch these under any circumstances.
- There will also be signs reminding you to keep your distance from other people whilst on site. Please take care when exiting the pews and at the entrance and exit, watch out for those around you.
We will continue to film the service so that we can continue our online presence, but will be making sure that the congregation are not in the line of the cameras.
We are sorry that this is so prescriptive and impersonal, but we need to adhere to the government guidelines and the advice from the Diocese. It is all to keep you and the rest of the congregation safe.
We hope that you feel that you ready to return and join together in worship again. We do understand that some of you will not be ready for this step yet, know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. If you need anything please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Yours in Christ
Jen and Mandy
LLM’s at St Mary, Greenhithe
Our Facebook page contains details of how to join other online for prayer, worship, study and community life. We are streaming short Sunday services on our Facebook page and on our YouTube channel. Please log on using these links, then follow and subscribe.
The churchwardens and LLM’s of this church can be contacted in an emergency Paul White; Ben White; Mandy Holloway or Jennie White.
or emailing : email@example.com
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength . . . Love your neighbour as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these.”