We are open again for services
St Mary's is open for a range of services. See our services page for full details
There are still some social distancing restrictions still in place. The current practices are detailed below, and these will be updated to be inline with any changes to Government guidelines
There will be a limit to the number of people that can attend each service, not including those ‘working’ within the service, due to social distancing,
- Therefore, we have introduced a booking system which you will need to use in order to reserve your space in church for the Sunday 10.30 service.
- You will need to book via the email address email@example.com - Please can you tell us your name, the number of people attending from your household (no more than 6) and a contact telephone number for track and trace. You will then receive a response as to whether you have a space or not. If we find there are large numbers who cannot attend, we will make sure you have the first spaces the following week.
- Once you arrive at church you must be wearing a mask, unless you are exempt, and will be warmly greeted – from a distance – and asked to sanitise your hands, either with the sanitiser provided or your own. You will be checked off on the list of attendees and shown to your seat, which will be allocated to you depending on numbers and groups.
- We will have the music group and some songs, but request that in line with government guidelines you do not sing. Let the music wash over you and be an aid to your worship.
- Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide refreshments at all, and request that at the end of the service people make their way home as soon as possible to stop mixing the of groups and individuals.
- There will be a one-way system through the building. The entrance will be through the main door and the exit will be through the vestry.
- Pews will be closed off using blue ribbon and we request that you do not touch these under any circumstances.
- There will also be signs reminding you to keep your distance from other people whilst on site. Please take care when exiting the pews and at the entrance and exit, watch out for those around you.
Services will be live-streamed. Every effort will be made to avoid filming individuals and the focus will be on the worship, however, if you have any concerns please speak to one of the welcomers when you arrive.
We are sorry that this is so prescriptive and impersonal, but we need to adhere to the government guidelines and the advice from the Diocese. It is all to keep you and the rest of the congregation safe.
We hope that, when the time comes, you will feel that you ready to return and join together in worship again. We do understand that some of you will not be ready for this step yet, know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. If you need anything please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Yours in Christ
Priest at St Mary, Greenhithe (firstname.lastname@example.org 01322 383160)
Jen and Mandy
LLM’s at St Mary, Greenhithe
The Priest, churchwarden and LLM’s of this church can be contacted in an emergency Revd Charlie Lloyd-Evans; Ben White; Mandy Holloway or Jennie White.
or emailing : email@example.com
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength . . . Love your neighbour as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these.”